Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Cabin at William's Lake

Well, I just realized that when people post comments I have to "publish" or "reject" them. I still haven't figured out how to make all the pictures work, but I'll just put them on here anyway and hopefully they all of a sudden work :)

Last weekend the Lynden youth group went up to a cabin at William's Lake. We had a lot of fun there. We did some singing inside by the fire (with the spiders :))
...and playing games...

and we had a fire outside too, even though it was raining (yes, that's rain, not snow - it's just the flash).

The next morning I got up early when Brian left for Silver Lake (I can't sleep after waking up usually). They got in an accident on the way up there, but thankfully no one got hurt! Thank you God!


I played with my camera taking pictures on different settings. Here's a picture of the jungle there:

and a cool picture of a flower with rain drops on it:

I drained the battery, so I didn't take many pictures for the rest of the day. A bunch of us went to Silver Lake and played ultimate frisbee and had lunch there. On the way back I took some pics of a bunch of old cars that are for sale at some farm by my house:

They all seem to have motors in them but the interior is gone. One of them had a price of $4000 on it. The others I don't know. Anyone want one? I can help you ship it if you want :)

When I got back, I looked at my car...it was kinda dirty:

When I washed it, there was mud running down the driveway.

I bought a ticket the other day so that I can fly home for the long weekend (plus a few days before and after). That will be great to see my family again :) This weekend I'm going to a camp for a couple days (www.anvilisland.ca) - that should be fun.

(Google Satelite image of the camp: HERE)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

We're looking forward to you coming home for May long weekend!! We plan to come to M&D's to see you!!
Hope you have a great time at that camp...we're at the lodge!

Ttyl,
Bri

Steve said...

I'm excited too. It will be great to see everyone again! I'm sure I'll have fun. I'm sure you'll have fun building too.

Anonymous said...

I was here. Realized I've got to check here from time to time. Daybreak looks interesting too.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Great work.