Monday, August 13, 2007

A quick picture post.

Well, it's been so long since I've posted and I'll never be able to catch up on everything, so here is a quick post with a few pictures I rounded up. I've forgotten to take pictures a few times at things I've been at and so I'll just try to mention them, but I won't remember the most of them probably.

Here's a picture of a snowman we made way back in December at the Lynden church. Brian backed his truck up to it and I had to climb part way up the snow man to get the last ones on there. That's the tallest snowman I've ever built I think.

We went dirtbiking sometime in June. I drove Brian's quad around the track a few times and then I took a bunch of pictures.
Quin, Marina, and one of the neighbors Tristain. If you click on the picture you can see the giant slug that Quin caught. It's on the left side at the back of that insect 'farm'. The farm was thrown out afterwards because the slug was so slimy it ruined it.

We (Brian and Kayla and I) went to Brian's work one day to walk around and see what he does. I took a bunch of pictures of flowers and this is one of my favourites. Below are most of the tractors that they have (one is gone). Plus they have offroad dump trucks, excavators, rock picker, a chipper...and other machines. They do land clearing.
Happy 4th of July! I know, I'm Canadian, not American, but the only fireworks I saw were on the 4th of July. These are at Darin's house. It was a great show and I made a new friend - Darin's 2 (or 3) year old neice. I must not be a good friend though, cuz I already forgot her name! Terrible. She was really cute though and she sat with me through a bunch of the fireworks.
Later in July I went on a hike with Brian's family to some old Gold Mines. Tim and I went into one that was half submerged in water and we're pretty sure that we could see gold flakes in the walls. I guess it wasn't enough to make the mining worth while though. I believe the hills are now being logged...possibly as you read this.
Also in July, I went camping at Ross Lake with a whole bunch of guys from Lynden and surrounding area. We went boating, swimming, had a big rope swing, went in FREEZING cold water (one side of the log jam was warm and the other must have been slightly above freezing), saw a coupe eagles, and cooked over the fire. We had a great time. Some of them got there Thursday morning, we got there Thursday night and left Saturday evening and the rest left Sunday evening.
If I thought my view from my cabin back in May was good, beat this one! It was awesome to open the tent in the morning and see this!
I guess July was a busy month. Here is the only picture I took while camping in Osoyoos State Park. It also was great fun. With about 20 or 30 people we rented two Jet Skis for a whole day. In the end it cost uner $25 for me and I was out on it twice for about 10-20 minutes each time.

Besides this what have I done? Well, I went to the beach a couple sundays ago for a couple hours, I helped at a fundraiser garage sale/car wash (we had a competition and the guys' car wash sorely lost to the girls' garage sale), worked on my car (the exhaust doesn't rattle anymore and almost all of the interior is back together), spent time with my friend's and their families, helped put a room on the Schut's house, helped Laurie & Steve with some moving and a bit of cabinet work (they're almost into their new house!!), dug up our back yard (to improve the drainage), played soccer, oh and I guess I worked a lot in there too.

I miss you - family and friends back east! I'm not sure when I'm coming back, but I'll see you all again sometime! You know my e-mail and some of you know my phone number.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow, great pictures! And what a lot of stuff you've done! Makes life at school seem such a drag :) The snowman is truly impressive --I hope you got a measurement of his total height? Sort of reminds me of the good old times before Nursing Home at Cambridge church... the snowman lying on his back because the balls were too big to stack.
Love the kids pictures --maybe next time you can get some of my nephews and neices? :P
Hope I see you sometime in the near future!